Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Cost Engineer to join our team in Reading on permanent basis. In this role you will be responsible for providing a complete Cost Engineering service to both project and corporate management for Proposal and Project Operations either as part of a large project team or covering all Cost Engineering aspects on smaller projects.
- Establishing project requirements, in conjunction with project cost engineer, with regards to scope of services, organisation and job specific procedures and cost reporting
- Establishing materials quantity and cost budgets, control and forecast both direct and indirect costs
- Maintaining close liaison with client personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential problem areas
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or HNC / HND preferred, ideally in an engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
- A proven cost engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
- Proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to share information
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.