Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Planner in our Major Projects team responsible for supporting the delivery of limited-complexity infrastructure projects involving multidisciplinary teams.
Responsible for supporting the programme and / or project manager to develop the project scope, requirements, work breakdown structures and project schedules and establishing appropriate techniques to monitor and control delivery to time, cost and quality parameters. The role will include planning small projects delivered by Wood teams to complex programmes with multiple stakeholders that we manage on behalf of clients.
Experience in public sector buildings including education buildings, defence infrastructure, industrial, water and waste management facilities and / or associated infrastructure preferable.
- Supporting the logical structuring of the scope and requirements of projects to facilitate effective scheduling and monitoring
- Develop, maintain and own robust project / programme schedules in Primavera P6 and MS Project through proactive engagement with Project Managers and technical teams
- Managing the processes, techniques and systems to plan, monitor and control delivery of the programme or project schedule
- Developing and maintaining the Work Breakdown Structures through the EPS, WBS, OBS, RAM
- Determining interfaces and dependencies within the schedule and external to the project
- Maintaining the performance measurement baseline and protocols for measurement of progress for time and cost
- Support project review process with project performance information, including highlighting problems and trends to Project Managers & Project Directors
- Integrating schedules to produce master control schedule and executive level schedules
- Undertaking schedule analysis such as critical path analysis
- Capturing information into programme/project controls systems including the management of documents and records
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project schedule information to the project manager, project team and customer
- Liaise with Client planners for updates and integration of schedules where required
- Support Project Controls team members in production of cost and resource plans, client reporting dashboards and with contract administration tasks
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
Previous experience as a project planner in a project delivery environment and have gained awareness, knowledge, or experience in the following:
- Knowledge of preparing and maintaining definitions of the requirements of projects and/or programmes
- Knowledge of approaches for the preparation and maintenance of schedules of project and/or programme activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Skilled in the application of project planning and scheduling techniques, able to apply principles to implement a workable and effective plan
- Experience in monitoring and controlling the project schedule, manhours, budgets, forecasts, and expenditure
- Experience in monitoring and controlling project progress according to agreed measures and organisational procedures and recommending corrective action where necessary
- Knowledge of project and/or programme and/or portfolio risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that might affect the project and/or programme and/or portfolio
- Knowledge of consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks and opportunities, issues)
- Experience in applying change management processes to change the scope of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, and updating configuration documents as required
- Experience in the development of integrated project baselines and tracking / controlling performance to achieve delivery of projects to time and within budget
- Experience of preparing and maintaining an overall schedule for resource use, which avoids bottlenecks and conflicting demands, and sequencing outcomes, to enable the efficient realisation of benefits
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to assess the robustness of project schedules and the risks to critical path
- Ability to see the wider context, while retaining an eye for the detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels and in varying roles across the organisation and outside
- Ability to use project planning software (Primavera P6 and MS Project) and Microsoft Office software, e.g. Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel
- Experience in producing project cost and resource plans and inputting to project reporting dashboards
- An understanding of engineering design and build processes and the various lifecycles and phases of infrastructure projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.