Skills: Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Site Based (Various)
Wood Power Solutions UK has a requirement for a HV Cabling Site Manager on a permanent staff basis. This is a site - based UK wide role and you will be responsible for managing all activities associated with installation of new HV cables.
- Survey work sites (prior, during and after) inc final re - measures to include and report to Project Manager.
- Effective planning and utilisation of staff.
- Preview work areas prior to works commencing.
- Compile job packs for setting teams to works.
- Carry out forward planning to identify future resource needs.
- Setting to work of staff and ensuring compliance against procedures.
- Pro - actively managing H&S issues & concerns, working closely with
- Project Management, Design and Site Management staff so that an accident and incident free culture is maintained.
- Maintain awareness of H&S policy and rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role.
- Liaison with Client Representatives.
- Management of specialist sub - contractors.
- Extensive knowledge of CDM Regulations and ensure compliance.
- Motivate Field staff to deliver high quality work in a consistent manner.
- Ensure all site documentation is compiled and returned to the Project Manager.
- Ensure construction teams are equipped with the correct tools for the job - e.g., IT equipment, general and special tooling etc.
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop project programmes to fully meet customer requirements.
- Mentor and guide staff members and subcontractors.
- Be creative in finding solutions to resource / schedule problems to
- maintain project programme.
- Pro - actively report resource concerns at appropriate times in project programme to avoid short notice problems.
- Inform PM of SOW changes or variations in designs especially if it has a financial impact.
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience of managing sites and field - based staff on HV Cable or Substation projects and U / G Cabling works.
- Technical expertise of the civil, cable and / or electrical aspects of HV cabling projects
- Possess a recognised Safety Qualification (such as IOSH or NEBOSH).
- Previous experience in the management of Sub - contractors and the recording of measurement details to enable financial settlement.
- Experience in the supervision of all technical aspects of line construction in a site environment.
- Recognised Engineering Qualification such as Civil Engineering or
- Electrical Engineering is desirable
- First Aider
- Client Specific Authorisations (SPEN / NG / UKPN)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.