Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities The SDS Field Supervisor will supervise field personnel, operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner to ensure job specifications are met. Assist senior supervisors as required including training of new operators Primary Responsibilities Pre-job
On arrival at the job site/before job begins
- Organize crews and arrange accommodations (if required)
- Ensure that the SDS package is equipped with all required tools/spare parts and supervise the loading out of the tools/equipment; confirm equipment readiness
During the job (Observation and Communication)
- Participate and or conduct the pre-rig-in safety meeting
- Assign all rig-in responsibilities and oversee all rig-in operations
- Assist with installation of critical safety equipment and perform function test of all critical valves
- Supervise the pressure test
- Participate and or conduct safety meeting with all Weatherford and all rig personnel.
- Review HAZOP concerns with Weatherford operators
During the job (reporting)
- Observe overall equipment operation, assign responsibilities required to maintain smooth operations
- Communicate with rig personnel regarding job parameters
- Observe SDS crew activities, ensure operators is dispatched where required
- Communicate regularly with Weatherford Engineers and Senior Field Supervisor regarding operational parameters
- Conduct regular observations of all crew members ensuring that safe work procedures are followed and all equipment is being operated in accordance to job specifications with Weatherford policy
- Report potential problems to Senior Field Supervisor
During the job (Equipment maintenance)
- Maintain log of liquid, chemical and volume levels on location
- Submit all required safety reports to the Senior Field Supervisor
- Ensure completion of daily operational and maintenance forms
- Complete daily tickets as required
When leaving the jobsite
- Ensure that all required shift maintenance is performed and ensure proper hand-over of equipment to the next shift; report any abnormalities in equipment to Senior Field Supervisor
- Ensure proper lock out/tag procedures are in place
- Ensure equipment is properly cleaned and stored
- Assign duties to operators as required
- Supervise the rigging-out of the SDS package
- Ensure that trailers and equipment are prepared for transportation and that all rental equipment is returned and accounted for
- Ensure that all Weatherford and manufacturers recommended maintenance activities are performed
- Maintain close contact with the appropriate Senior Supervisor and Manager at all times as well as with ALL Weatherford personnel on the job site, including Operators Senior Field Supervisors, Engineering staff and drilling operations personnel
- Promptly report all concerns regarding equipment or equipment needs to the appropriate Manager
- Report all incidents and accidents to the appropriate Manager
- Instruct Operators in equipment operation and maintenance procedures
- Ensuring all required safety responsibilities are performed as defined in Weatherford's Safety Manuel
- Ensuring all personnel are properly outfitted with personal protective equipment
- Acting promptly to remove hazards from the workplace
- Ensuring ALL accidents and incidents are properly reported
- Reporting unsafe working conditions to management when their assistance/approval is required to remove the hazard
- Regularly observing work practices of all employees that report to you, correcting unsafe work habits as soon as they are noted
- Be familiar with all Weatherford Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure all employees that report to you apply these procedures
- Other duties as required
- 2-3 years related field experience
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
- Preferred 2 years College degree
- General product knowledge
- Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs
- Valid Driver license
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow instructions Able to work closely with fellow employees