Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Trail, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer, Intermediate. Reporting to the Engineering Department Manager, this position is located in our Trail, BC office. This role has responsibilities for electrical engineering and design on a wide variety of projects in the mining industry including the opportunity to support our key local Clients in secondment positions typically in the 6-12 month duration range.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Our Trail office currently numbers over 50 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Rossland, Nelson and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play!
- Providing project engineering and electrical discipline leadership.
- Performing engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, LV and MV motor sizing and selection, cable distribution design, schematic, single line, termination schedule and wiring design.
- Ensuring that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Project Lead responsibilities requiring the ability to establish good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Reviewing, checking and approving work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Preparing estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review.
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Focussed on meeting client objectives
- Effectively execute projects in study phases and project execution, as well as supporting projects in construction
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills and handling multiple tasks independently, and as part of a team
- Adequate management of project budget, schedule and quality, and effective implementation of change management procedures
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with project management, area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university with P.Eng designation or ability to register as a Professional with EGBC
- 5-10 years of relevant industrial engineering experience at various stages of the project life cycle
- Relevant site maintenance or operations experience is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
- Experience with ETAP or similar software design tools are considered an asset.
- Demonstration of specific experience with aspects of Project Engineering and/or Project Management roles including ownership of overall project scope, schedule and budget management would be considered an asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.