Skills: Pipeline Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
Looking for an opportunity? Come join Wood as a Pipeline Operator in Pecos, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Responsible for petroleum product movements in and out of pipeline pump stations; uses tools and techniques to accurately assess, quantify and quality crude oil and/or refined products; and is responsible for storage of products, and custody transfer activities with connecting carriers and customers
- Routinely inspects pumps and valves for proper operation.
- Responsible for accurate quality and quantity measurement of crude oil according to Plains procedures and reporting of same.
- Performs monthly DOT tank inspections, fire extinguisher inspections, and maintains associated records.
- Inspects perimeter fencing, locks, etc. to maintain proper facility, pipeline and ROW security and addresses and reports any infractions.
- Inspects and assures that routine and DOT compliance maintenance is performed on ROW, equipment and valves.
- Maintains communications with Pipeline Control Center.
- Acts as witness to meter proving, crude oil shipment from lease to delivery point and run pipeline pigs as needed.
- Perform other pipeline related tasks or projects as deemed necessary by Operations Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and maintain LACT units.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2 + years experience required.
- Basic pipeline knowledge
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Clean MVR
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.