Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
We have an exciting and great opportunity to join our motivated team. If this sounds appealing, please read further! This position is within Weatherford Corporate Legal and is responsible for providing direct support to the Assistant General Counsel and Corporate Secretary and the Corporate Legal Team. This position includes traditional corporate paralegal responsibilities. The scope of the position is broader, however, in that it also includes legal project management responsibilities as part of the firm's focus on efficiencies in large projects.
- Assume responsibility for organizational and logistical aspects of large, complex client projects.
- Research, analyze and draft secretary certificates, resolutions, legal documents and agreements pertinent to corporate transaction and corporate secretarial work.
- Preparation of various corporate document drafts, including articles of incorporation; bylaws; minutes and consents; stock certificates; share ledgers; organizational charts; director / officer appointment and resignation; annual meetings.
- Incorporate new entities, register and de-register in domestic and foreign jurisdictions and, merge and/or dissolve/liquidate them as required.
- Coordinate and work directly with the Tax Department on entity restructuring/reorganization, and inter-company matters and perform related project management activities.
- Maintain filing and electronic records in relation to assigned legal entities via the company's document management system.
- Assist other paralegals and attorneys with any company secretarial requests,
- Provides guidance and support to subsidiary directors on all company secretarial related matters.
- Assist corporate and international offices and outside counsel with the collection of authorized signatures on legal documents, as well as legalization of documents.
- Revise corporate documents for Assistant General Counsel
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a law firm and/or corporate law department
- Paralegal certification
- Demonstrated success managing complex and competing organizational priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a large number of individuals within all levels of the Company including field, supervisors, managers and executives
- Research, analyze and draft secretary certificates, resolutions, legal documents and agreements pertinent to corporate transaction and corporate secretarial work
- Knowledge and ability to perform legal and factual research, problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Remain focused in a deadline driven environment with many moving pieces
- Strong document/record-keeping skills and work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities & pro-actively assume responsibility for projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter who can work well in a team
- Easily adaptable to continual change
- Strong Microsoft Office skills- Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Computer literate
- corporate law experience preferred
- Legal drafting skills
- An appreciation of and understanding of the oil industry is preferred.
- Project management experience in a law firm or legal department.
- College degree preferred