Offshore ChemistAre you passionate about Chemical Services?Do you enjoy being part of a team that provides high-quality chemical services for our customers?Join our successful Team
Our diverse and global team ensures that our customers have the products they need. Production enhancement and chemical services ensure that our customers can function efficiently and perform at the highest level. We provide technical solutions to help with all challenges.Partner with the best
As an Offshore Chemist, you'll handle all offshore production chemical programs and undertake hydrocarbon, water and gas sampling and analysis. You will deal with customer requirements in a professional manner to deliver the highest levels of service, safety and compliance.
As an Offshore Chemist, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Monitoring offshore production chemical programs to assess the impact on production, integrity and the environment
- Performing optimization of production chemical programs
- Undertake hydrocarbon, water and gas sampling for routine laboratory analysis following approved procedures
- Maintaining laboratory equipment, LIMS system and managing site inventories of production and laboratory chemicals
- Assisting with the diagnosis and troubleshooting of production upsets and issues.
- Undertaking chemical field trials as required
- Liaising with field operational personnel to communicate daily tasks and progress status of longer-term activities
To be successful in this role you will:
Salary Range - AUD 100,000 - AUD125,000 / Per - annumWorking with us
- Have a Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Have 3+ years' experience in Oil & Gas industry. Experience in Commercial Laboratory
- Have background understanding of the proper application of production chemicals in the oil and gas industry
- Have an understanding of production processes and systems from downhole to pipeline distribution
- Have proficient use of common Microsoft computer-based programs Have ability to work and communicate well with others
- Have good focus on all aspects of HSE
- Have authority to work in Australia
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.