Skills: Subsea Engineer, Pipeline Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeenshire, UK, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a SURF Package Leader for a contract position, located in Aberdeenshire.
· Ensure employees and contracted staff from the Subsea team are properly supervised and have been instructed and trained in the specific site regulations, the relevant systems of work and the actions required in the event of an emergency.
· Ensure that everyone working within the Subsea Team (staff and contractors) understand and comply with Company health, safety and environment policies.
· Assist Glendronach Project Manager with HR for the recruitment of personnel for the Subsea team.
· Provide safety leadership to the Subsea team.
· Perform duties in accordance with safety requirements and the MAESTRO rules.
· Ensure safe working practices are carried out within the construction activities, to minimise LTIs, incidents, dangerous occurrences and other safety items.
· Report to Glendronach Project Manager and inform of any potential problems in a pro-active manner.
· Build strong relationships with WoS Asset Management, Drilling and WoS Field Operations teams so as to ensure strong lines of communication are maintained at all times.
· Provides assistance as required in the process of communicating with any third parties.
· Develop effective and constructive relationships with SURF Contractor representative(s) in a manner that enables a high level of value to be obtained for company.
· Positively represent the Company at SURF / SPS Contractor's premises, sites and on vessels if appropriate, during onshore and offshore construction, as and when required.
· Act as Company Representative towards SURF / SPS Contractors, MWS Contractor and Offshore reps Contractor.
· Safely deliver the SURF / SPS package facilities on time and within budget.
· Accept delegation of authority from the Glendronach Project Manager for the management of the SURF & SPS contract, of the MWS contract and of the offshore reps contract.
· Monitor SURF / SPS Contractor achievements and negotiate Change Order Requests.
· Organize with SURF / SPS contractor the weekly and monthly meetings.
· Responsible for the engineering of all equipment/facilities included in the SURF / SPS work package
· Pro-actively manage the contract Scope of Work for SURF / SPS package.
· Pro-actively liaise with Technology, Drilling, Operations, Contractor, Sub-Contractors, Vendors and certifying agency teams on all aspects of the project.
· Identify and mitigate Project risks associated with the SURF / SPS Package.
· Liaise with interface engineer and actively contribute to the resolution of interfaces.
· Obtain validation of the detailed design for the SURF / SPS package.
· Provide assistance on engineering/technical aspects for mobilization of subsea equipment & tooling for offshore installation.
· Assist with the preparation of the pre-commissioning and commissioning/start-up activities for the SURF / SPS package.
· Prepare/support handover to WoS Field Operations / Commissioning team.
· Excellent knowledge of the concerned engineering disciplines:
· Degree in one of the above disciplines (chartered engineer or equivalent).
· Significant project management experience (planning, cost control, contracting).
10 years experience overall with successful experience as a package manager