Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Perforation, Wireline
Experience: 4 + Years
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Architect & lead design, development, implementation, verification, validation & reliability growth of power electronics-based systems & components as applied on downhole & surface equipment/tools as part of wireline and perforating technologies
- Develop common AC/DC and DC/DC converter topologies (buck, boost, buck-boost, fly-back, forward, half-bridge, full-bridge, etc.)
- Design complete power electronics converter systems (active/passive component selection, input/output filter design, closed-loop control, gate driver circuits, etc.) for up to 1700Volt applications
- Develop specification & design of magnetic components (power inductor and transformer)
- Develop solutions with wide-bandgap power semiconductor devices (SiC MOSFETs) with full understanding of high-temperature characteristics
- Develop specifications for thermal management (heat sinks) for high-density power converters
- Develop schematic and support PCB design
- Develop layout of PCBs for high frequency switching circuits minimizing EMI issues
- Lead troubleshooting of power converter boards
- Utilize commonly used circuit simulators (LTSPICE, PSPICE, etc.)
- Utilize math's tools (Matlab, MathCAD, etc.) and Hardware-in-the-loop simulators
- Lead design reviews of internal developments and third-party designs
- Develop component qualification plans and lead execution of plans
- Conversant with using lab equipment for development and testing, like HV probes, digital oscilloscopes, impedance analyzers etc
- Document designs, specifications, test plans, revisions and produce test reports
- Present technical status, risk plans and reports to management
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to other personnel in the team in developing new approaches to solve problems
- Protect intellectual property by filing timely disclosures and patents
- Prepared to work on several projects at a given time or highly complicated projects that require a creative teamwork. Work with cross-functional teams during product life cycle
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Subject matter expert for Halliburton
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or similar discipline and a minimum of 4 plus years related experience are required for the position. A master's degree or PhD in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or similar discipline and license/charter as a Professional Engineer are preferred
- Some travel may be required
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 116542
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.