Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Identify and lead global payroll projects that enhance payroll processes aimed at increasing efficiency, compliance, scalability, and automation
- Partner with the operations team to identify areas of opportunity within the existing process
- Analyze end-to-end payroll processes by partnering with various stakeholders such as HRIT and global transformation teams, including controls and additional audit requirements
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to lead effective change management initiatives across the organization and coordinate with key business leaders
- Assist leaders to drive the strategic plan and continuous improvement efforts for global payroll best practices
- Identify gaps with Best in Class and opportunities to consolidate and improve processes
- Implement standards, quality measures, and KPIs to build a strong foundation for current and future growth
- Create scalable infrastructure and consistency for global payroll processes and reporting through automation
- Prepare and execute UAT and parallel testing for various payroll projects including implementation and optimization of new or existing payroll-related systems
- Create positive relationships with Finance, HRIT, HRBP's and other controllership functions to ensure holistic delivery of payroll outcomes
- Assist with providing direction, training, and coaching to payroll team members
- Must be capable of setting clear expectations and have excellent decision-making abilities.
- Ability to make sound decisions independent of manager, but knows when to seek assistance
Basic Qualifications :
- 10-15+ years of experience with global payroll process
- Experience with program management and organizational skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Must have demonstrated progressive experience in a multinational similar in size & scale of Halliburton
- Experience with SAP payroll is required
- Six Sigma certified is a plus
- FPC or CPP certification is a plus
- Understanding of payroll and tax withholding compliance obligations
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Ability and willingness to "roll-up sleeves" and delve deep into the processes
- Strategic thinking with the ability to make connections across workstreams and the organization
- Ability to lead projects and motivate team participation
- Highly organized, confident, excellent teamwork, communication, and customer service skills
- Experience in international/expat payrolls and equity compensation
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and urgency
- Multi-country transformation and International cross-time zone working experience (statutory, regulatory, and cultural).
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 118797
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.