Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Transportation/Roadway Engineer to join our Salt Lake City operations. Our team of growth minded experts are expanding these disciplines at the local, state and national levels and we'd love you to join us. We believe in the strength of leveraging technology to create stellar results and are motivated by the impact our work has on each employee's career, the communities we serve, and meeting our client's goals.
As part of the Wood team, you will join an established group and become a part of the Wood Global Technical Expert Network (GTEN) where you will be connected and collaborate with more than 400 engineers and scientists focused on advanced solutions to the complex issues that face our diverse client base. Our professionals are networked across our organization and are active in technical organizations advancing our practice.
Are you a Transportation/Roadway Engineer who enjoys the challenge of working with a collaborative team on interesting transportation projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will serve in a technical role working under the direction of a Project Manager in development of roadway construction plans for a wide range of highway design projects
- Will prepare detailed roadway designs for highway projects in compliance with DOT standards and expectations
- May assist in roundabout and intersection design
- Develop and write reports
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for roadway projects
- Will work with other team members on large, multi-discipline projects
- May occasionally travel to project sites and other Wood offices
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
- EIT required. Professional Engineering license (PE) is a plus
- 5+ years of roadway engineering experience
- Experience applying AASHTO, UDOT and local municipality standards to roadway and traffic design
- Demonstrated working knowledge in MicroStation/InRoads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Focused with the skills to develop work deliverables under the direction of seasoned engineers
- Ability to work independently with oversight and feedback from a mentor
- A good communicator over phone, email, IM, and technical documents
- Efficient at learning and leveraging a large variety of software
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members on multi-discipline projects
- Must pass drug test and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.