Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for Principal Technical Safety Engineer to join our team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Discipline Lead Engineer, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering projects for our clients in the Oil & Gas, water and renewables industries.
- Ability to perform QRA for new and existing offshore and onshore Oil & Gas facilities
- Performing Consequence Modelling using PHAST software
- FSA Studies development including FERA, NFHA, EERA, ESSA, TRIA, DORA
- Onshore and Offshore Safety Case development
- Providing technical input on industry best practices in relation to ALARP requirements, loss prevention codes and standards
- Ability to engage in various risk Workshops/ Reviews eg HAZID, HAZOP, Constructability Reviews and incorporate Review findings into design requirements and Safety Case
Skills / Qualifications
- An Engineering degree, previous experience within the oil and gas industry (extensive Technical Safety engineering experience)
- A thorough understanding of Onshore and Offshore Australian Safety Case regulations.
- Experience in operating DNV PHAST software, DNV Safeti risk software and Flaresim software
- Ability to provide inputs into various Risk Reviews
- Excellent communication skills when working with cross functional teams to provide technical safety related input on projects
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're a Technical Safety Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.