Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented Senior Renewable Energy Consultant to join our diverse team of professionals within our Technical Advisory Services business. Ideally the role will be based in Calgary, AB, Austin TX, or Houston TX , but other locations or remote structures will be considered.
The Senior Renewable Energy Consultant will lead the delivery of technical advisory services on wind, solar, and energy storage projects, typically in support of financing or mergers and acquisition transactions. Whilst this role will have a particular focus on financing of renewables projects in the USA, international projects are often included in our mandates.
This role will play a key part in growing our Technical Advisory Services team. Our team is on the leading edge of supporting innovative project finance deals (debt and tax equity) utilizing novel technologies in new markets. Our clients include some of the largest players in the space including multi-national banks, institutional investors, and development banks.
- Manage technical due diligence processes focused on the financing, sale, or acquisition of renewable energy projects
- Liaise with Clients, Sponsors, Lenders, and construction or equipment supply teams to identify, quantify, and qualify risks and associated mitigation measures
- Review and analyze design, execution, scheduling, cost and contractual risks for individual or portfolios of renewable energy projects
- Conduct preconstruction, construction, and operational site visits to opine on project feasibility and execution
- Undertake quality assurance and quality control reviews of due diligence assessment and analytics
- Lead client and opportunity intake and conversion processes to support business growth objectives
- Undertake solar resource and energy production assessments and reviews
- Undertake operational solar assessment and analytics based on SCADA data
- Development and expansion of tools and processes for novel energy yield analyses for preconstruction and operational assessments
- Draw upon technical and industry experience to characterize losses due to equipment behavior and environmental effects
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of project engineering, construction and performance issues, where applicable
- Support project turnover and Performance Testing of new facilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Renewables-related discipline required, Masters degree an asset
- 5+ years of experience working in the clean energy consulting space
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (solar energy analysis and due diligence) under project finance scopes of work
- Demonstrated understanding of PVSyst and other solar energy modelling software
- Proficient working with MS Office Word/Excel.
- Ability to prepare high quality, concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders
- Understanding of uncertainty quantification, statistical analysis, Measure Correlate and Predict (MCP) analysis, and data quality review and control.
- Proficiency working with data analysis tools (Python, SQL, Matlab, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Python programming, data science packages and version control systems are pluses.
- Ability to streamline process by implementation of process improvement techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to approach tasks with a Client-centric mindset.
- Ability to write technical reports and commercial correspondence to verbally convey information in a clear and concise manner in English.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong health, safety and environmental mindset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in engineering standards, best practices and safety regulations
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Valid Canadian or USA driving license
- Candidate should have driver's license. Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
- Must be Canadian or US citizen, or is authorized to work lawfully in Canada or the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.