Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented USA Advisory Lead to join the Consulting group in our American offices.
The USA Advisory Lead will lead the identification and delivery of solar and wind projects through financing or acquisition. She/He will act as a consultant, managing projects as a technical advisor for lenders, institutional investors, and developers. Whilst this role will have a particular focus on financing and M&A activities for of renewables projects in the USA, and it may also include support to international projects and involvement in offshore wind, storage and hybrid projects.
This role will play a key part in growing our Advisory team who is supporting the financing of clean energy projects across the Americas. Our team is on the leading edge of supporting innovative project finance deals (debt and tax equity) utilizing novel technologies in new markets. Our clients include some of the largest players in the space including multi-national banks, institutional investors, and development banks.
- Establish direct lines of communication with Client and potential clients as part of Wood's Customer Relationship Management model
- Collaboratively support Clients and Wood's execution team on the delivery of due diligence assessment and prioritization on critical client/market touch points
- Expand the breadth and scope of advisory services provided by way of new client capture and expansion into niche areas and analytics where merited
- Increase annual throughput of the advisory service offering and support team growth activities
- Provide thought leadership via conference presentations and webinars
- Mange quality assurance and quality control procedures on due diligence assessments
- Lead and support solar and wind due diligence assessments for investors and lenders
- Draw upon technical and industry experience to support benchmarking activities
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of project engineering, construction and performance issues, where applicable
- Develop processes to streamline technical assessments
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Renewables-related discipline required, Masters degree an asset
- 10+ years of experience working in the clean energy consulting space
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (solar energy analysis and due diligence) under project finance scopes of work
- Ability to prepare high quality, concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in engineering standards, best practices and safety regulations
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Valid USA driving license
- Willingness for occasional worldwide travel
- Must be a US citizen or have authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.