Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for an Entry Level Water Resources Engineer to join our growing Water Resources team in Denver, Colorado.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a growing team of outstanding professionals. The Denver office is Wood's regional center for water resources engineering and is widely recognized as a national leader in water resources modeling and management innovation. Decisions and innovations developed in this office impact state and federal policy for water resources management. This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity for professional development in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology and methodologies to help our clients solve their most challenging water resources problems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on projects across Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region as well as collaborate with various offices across the US. Typical projects involve helping local, state, and federal clients complete floodplain management, stormwater management, and other watershed and stormwater planning projects. The position includes opportunities for travel to project sites and public meetings across beautiful Colorado.
- Work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer supporting our hydraulics and hydrology group
- Support floodplain management, transportation engineering, drainage engineering, construction, stormwater master planning, and stream restoration work
- Potential to work on dam breech, sediment transport, non-newtonian, and other specialized water resources modeling
- Perform surface water hydrologic and hydraulic modeling utilizing HY-8, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XPSWMM/PCSWMM, and EPA SWMM and ArcGIS software extensions
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations, and project documentation
- Travel to project sites in Colorado and attend public meetings
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree required, MS preferred
- EIT accreditation preferred
- 0 to 2 years + of hydrology / hydraulics and water resources experience
- Self-starter and ongoing learner
- Team player with desire to work closely with others
- Must posses good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, CUHP, EPASWMM, HY-8 software
- Microstation/Geopak/InRoads and/or AutoCAD
- Familiarity with the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA flood insurance study regulations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.