Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Commercial Advisor to p rovide sound commercial guidance to the business covering all corporate and project commercial deliverables throughout both pre and post contract activities. Ensuring delivery of commercial reporting to corporate function and ensure all commercial procedures are followed and reviewed. Implementation and delivery of key policies and procedures including the Financial Management Framework and Tender Governance Procedures.
Home based role and flexibility needed to cover part UK & part USA core working hours Please note that this position can be based in Canada or USA.
Deliverables and responsibilities include:
- Promotes safe working practices within commercial function
- Support commercial strategy for the Business Unit within assigned project / sub business unit and ensures alignment of objectives to the business unit strategy
- Performs pre award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, coordinating commercial and legal qualifications
- Implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business uni
- Ensure adherence to the Financial Management Framework and provide guidance to operations and business development personnel
- Aline project / sub business units' specific commercial requirements with WOOD commercial processes and procedures and communicate to relevant personne
- Carry out commercial compliance review for assigned project / sub business uni
- Liaises with various internal customers with regards to commercial management, risk reviews, corporate reporting and contractual discussions
- Liaises with various external interfaces (Clients, Sub - Contractors, Suppliers) with regards to tendering, contractual discussions, progress meetings
- Deliver Commercial Presentations to both internal and external stakeholder
- Negotiation of Terms and Conditions with clients and suppliers where appropriate
- Work with PMO to enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to WOOD
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to WOOD and Client
Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline desirable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Professional qualifications desirable but not essential
- E xperience in a similar leadership/management role is desirable
- Experience in negotiation, claims & dispute resolution
- Experience in risk management
- Solid understanding of financial performance of a project to EBIT level with experience in Project control / Project Accounting / Estimating
- Competent in change management
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.