Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bay City, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrator - Accounts Payable, with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This role will support a client / project based in Bay City, Texas. Local candidates preferred please as there is no relocation assistance or per diem provided.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Perform full-cycle accounts payable processes - including invoice matching with purchase orders, coding, batching and data entry
- Review entries for accuracy in account coding and banking requirements
- Review entries for correct supplier details
- Ensure invoices are recorded in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
- Perform routine daily and monthly responsibilities
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Communicate effectively with vendors and other employees to resolve payment processing issues
- Monitor invoice progress from receipt through approval and payment
- Assist in reconciling supplier statements
- Provide appropriate management reporting
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Process invoices in SAP, reconcile vendor statements
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.