Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Lead Piping Engineer for a permanent staff position, located in Aberdeen
Lead Piping Engineer for a Pod of clients reporting to the Head of Piping & Mechanical. Responsible for management and delivery of Modification Projects and supporting the Pod Lead for Integrity Repair scopes. Accountable for overseeing, producing and maintaining piping engineering deliverables (including but not limited to: technical notes, data sheets, deviations, calculations, analyses) in accordance with industry standards, code, legislation and client specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of CTR's and man hour estimates.
- Scoping and definition of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and value adding.
- Monitoring progress, of work to achieve delivery within the agreed schedule and budget.
- Create, check and respond to technical queries.
- Check and approve detailed design drawings of piping systems & supports in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Review of documents circulated by other disciplines for IDC or comment.
- Checking of requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services.
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
- Piping and valve material assessment and selection.
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication and testing of projects.
- Responsible for technical and engineering decision making associated with any given scope of work.
- Attendance at Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments etc.
- Input to project plans and schedules.
- Input into bids and tenders
- Carry out engineering checks on construction workpacks for piping modifications/repair orders.
- Creation and checking of PED technical files.
- Create and maintain company PMA's.
- Contribute to the development of engineering staff.
- Actively support recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
- Participate in incident investigations and audits as required.
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
- Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so.
- DOA in the absence of the Head of Piping and Mechanical
- MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
- Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent
- In-depth working knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc...)