Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
As a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, Wood work throughout the UK and overseas within a wide range of engineering sectors including Property, Defence, Water, Waste and Energy. Due to the expansion of our Built Environment business unit we are seeking a motivated and ambitious Senior Drainage Engineer to join a growing infrastructure team in the Midlands. We are open to remote flexible working for the right candidate but under normal working conditions the role is based within Wood's Leamington Spa or Birmingham offices.
The successful candidate will undertake drainage designs and technical reporting at all stages of a project from outline planning and feasibility design stages through to the production of detailed design drawings for procurement and construction.
The Senior Drainage Engineer will work in close collaboration with Engineer's throughout Wood's Infrastructure Team and other engineering departments across the wider UK offices.
- The design of surface water and foul drainage systems and the undertaking of hydraulic modelling;
- The production of drainage drawings and technical drainage reports, whilst working in conjunction with Wood's flood risk/water management teams;
- The development of outline and detailed drainage strategies;
- Production of area take-offs and produce calculations for greenfield runoff rates/QBar and calculation of storage volumes;
- The design of highway drainage systems including the consultation with highway authorities;
- Production of detailed drainage cost estimates;
- Liaison with the Local Lead Flood Authorities (LLFA), Environment Agency and Water Authorities;
- The obtaining of approvals for the Adoption of foul and surface water drainage systems;
- Production of drainage specifications;
- Procurement of Drainage and Topographical site surveys;
- Working in conjunction with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including civil, transportation and water management
- Understanding the importance of health and safety throughout the design and construction phases of a project
Skills / Qualifications
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering or other relevant degree level qualification;
- Working towards IEng or Chartership of a relevant organisation such as ICE/ CIWEM
- Proficiency in using Micro-Drainage;
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and ability to produce detailed drainage drawings;
- Understanding of SUDS Design/sustainable drainage techniques and knowledge of the SUDS Design Manual;
- Knowledge of Sewers for Adoption and other current drainage legislation;
- Ability to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
- Ability to communicate fluently with other team members and produce reports in clear English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.