Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Electrical Engineering Service Line Leader with a strong track record of business development, client service management and project management to provide senior-level depth to the growing water/wastewater team in our Regional Design Center. Our Mountain Region Design Center (MRDC) is located in our Salt Lake City and Phoenix offices. This individual could work in either of those offices (preferred). Remote location would be acceptable after initial training/orientation.
We are seeking a senior engineer who enjoys technical work as well as challenges and opportunities of expanding the capabilities of a successful electrical group. Primary focus for project work will be
- Electrical engineering designs and electrical equipment upgrades for: low and medium voltage facility power distribution systems, substations, UPS, switchgear, motor control centers, drives, wiring diagrams, lighting systems, emergency and standby systems, receptacles, conduits, cable trays, duct banks and telephone/communications systems
- Arc-flash analysis, short-circuit analysis, circuit sizing, feeders, load and voltage drop, and electrical equipment sizing
- Development of piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Prepare equipment specifications, data sheets, material take-offs and supplier submittal requirements for electrical procurement packages, perform technical bid evaluations of supplier proposals, and interface with equipment supplies
- Prepare electrical design reports, construction documents and specifications, as well as construction oversight and administration.
This position also requires strong business development and proposal preparation skills.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will provide marketing and technical expertise to enhance our electrical group in the Mountain Region Design Center
- Assists in the marketing and management of major projects and clients region-wide
- Will mentor and train staff and serve as a technical resource to augment the firm's expertise in the latest electrical planning, design and construction methods.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field of study
- PE registration, or ability to be registered through reciprocity is required
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with designing and managing medium to large-sized electrical projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations, client service, and quality standards
- Strong, proven client development/management skills, including preparation of fee estimates, proposals and statements of qualifications
- Our ideal candidate has good existing relationships with local and statewide clients in the electrical sector
- Applicant must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, and have the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports
- Must pass drug test, background check, and physical; and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.