Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Due to ongoing expansion and new contracts, Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager-Subsea to join our dynamic, friendly team in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. This is an exciting opportunity to work on projects to deliver high value business systems to prestigious organisations within the region.
- Execute Project in accordance with corporate practices and Project procedures
- Developing and implementing a project execution plan that meets with Company and Contract requirements
- Developing a plan for all necessary activities leading to the successful delivery of the project and coordinating its execution to ensure successful and timely completion.
- Organize the project team, define individual responsibilities and motivate team members towards successful achievement of specified project goals, particularly through regular project meetings
- Delegate work to the project team members in a manner that encourages individual responsibility and authorise actions on specified work packages
- Control the progress and cost of the project through continuous review of project reports
- Working with the customer and internal development teams to ensure that requirements and scope are fully defined, documented and understood by all stakeholders in order to ensure successful delivery.
- Provide leadership and commitment to the Project HSSE and Quality plan
- Keeping to the control budget within the objectives established for the Project
- To focus upon customer care and customer feedback
- To understand the Project 'business case' and drivers
- Act as focal point for Engineering, Procurement, and Project services resources deployed on the project
- Interface closely with client management representatives to ensure client interests are being accommodated
- Participate in client meetings, design reviews and workshops.
- Clearly define and communicate the project objectives and organisation to the Project team
- To feedback to the Company, data related to performance of work on a regular basis
- To monitor and expedite account receivables for the Project
- To document lessons learned and to review/implement lessons learned from other Projects
- To protect the reputation of the company
- Ensure orderly close-out of the project, obtain final certificates from the customer, archive all project documentation and prepare all close-out documentation.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years experience
- Background and experience in managing subsea pipeline projects
- Experience of managing projects from engineering to construction phase. Main areas of focus shall be in engineering, covering Conceptual and Front-End Engineering as well as Detailed Design.
- Extensive experience of managing projects for offshore pipelines platforms and facilities
- Experience of manging detailed engineering of subsea pipelines during EPC phase.
- Saudi Aramco Project Delivery experience is preferred
- Knowledge of pipeline installation techniques
- Knowledge of pipeline materials and engineering analysis for subsea pipeline mechanical design
- Experience with analysis techniques/methodologies used for oil and gas pipelines
- Proven record of client interface and project delivery
- Able to lead others in a challenging environment
- Able to make decisions and drive decision processes.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
- Well-developed management and administrative skills.
- Works within a team to establish direction, alignment and commitment
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects
- Well organized, credible and decisive
- Hard working, proactive, extrovert and honest.
- Open attitude and willingness to tackle new tasks.
- Willingness to work as part of a diverse and multicultural team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.