Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Responsible for complex tasks associated with testing in chemical/scientific research environment for purposes of material development, process development and application, quantitative and qualitative analyses. Communicates results through documentation and presentations. May develop and test new materials/products. Confers with scientists and engineers regarding applications and processing. Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
Conduct materials engineering projects to enhance the function, processability, profitability or marketability of Weatherford products. Conduct research, analysis, formulation and experimentation on rubber (NBR, HNBR and FKMs) and other elastomeric substances, for such purposes as product and process development and application, quantitative and qualitative analysis and failure analysis. Responsible for the delivery and supervision of project-based non-metallic research test programs and reports.
- Develops elastomeric materials for new equipment, and develops formulas, processes and methods for solution of elastomeric technical problems.
- Analyzes elastomeric compounds to determine chemical and physical properties using industry standard techniques.
- Conducts development on manufactured products to develop and improve rubber and elastomeric products.
- Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, compatibilities, and reactions of rubber and elastomeric materials.
- Assist in the review and solution of manufacturing problems related to elastomer production
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products and tests.
- Plan, conduct, track and report elastomer investigations
- Recommend and specify materials for specific design and field applications
- Communicate on elastomer issues inside and outside Weatherford
- Work and cooperate with Engineering, Office, Vendor, Customer, Laboratory, and Shop personnel
- Support day-to-day activities associated with new elastomer development and testing
- Prepare documentation and reports as required
- Assist in maintaining the internal elastomer Databases and updating as required
- Confers with engineers regarding research and prepares technical papers and reports.
- Chemistry, Material Science or Polymer Science Degree
- 3-7+ years' experience formulating elastomer compounds
- Knowledge of experimentation on rubber (NBR, HNBR and FKMs) and other elastomeric substances required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision required