Skills: Structural Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Paris, Île-de-France, France
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: France
1. To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing. To adopt & demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regards to HSEQ rules and requirements.
2. To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his/her activities.
3. To ensure that state of the art, clients referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
4. To work by anticipation. To assess and to identify risks for the PBF activities and manage associated mitigation actions at his/her level.
5. With the spirit of clients values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
6. To promote digitalization and innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives Communication and reporting:
7. To keep the SURF Package Lead and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status in particular on HSEQ related actions/decisions.
8. To liaise with the SURF Installation Manager & SURF Package leader for: a) Anticipation of problems b) Resolution of any technical problems, c) Possible technical optimization & improvement.
9. To assist the SURF Package Lead or Installation manager in reporting, progress monitoring, and answering to queries relevant to Flowlines and Structures
10. To work by anticipation. To assess and to identify risks for the SURF activities and manage associated mitigation actions at his/her level Flowline and Structure package Management:
11. To supervise and control Contractor's Flowline and Structure engineering achievements in accordance with contractual requirements, technical requirements, costs and planning
12. To review / validate in detail all major Flowline and Structure engineering documents.
13. To raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, operational issues...
14. To identify, implement and manage all necessary particular engineering studies related to Flowline and Structure
15. To participate of the third-party review plan definition with regards to Flowline and Structure areas
16. To define/follow the qualification and test programs (test protocol, implementation of result) and validate the result or implement backup plan(s)
17. To ensure Flowline and Structure components procurement is anticipated and meet the project delivery requirements
18. To organize, lead or participate in all necessary meetings with Contractors (weekly progress meeting, monthly status meetings, technical meetings ...). Internal and external interfaces:
19. To assist Company Representatives at fabrication site and participate/lead to the resolution of any related discipline problem occurring during the execution phase
20. To liaise with the other Package teams of the project in matters related to engineering and manage or ensure an adequate management of installation engineering-related interfaces, in close liaison with SURF Interface Engineer
21. To participate on SIMOPS dossiers preparation Close out and Lessons learnt
22. To gather 'lessons learnt' and provide feedback to other client entities as required
23. To provide REX along project execution
24. To provide Close out report
Context and environment
PBF is the brownfield project division of TEPA and benefits of a matrix organization. It's managing projects from FEED/Basic Engineering to Startup/ hand-over to Block Field Operation teams. The nature of the brownfield projects, i.e. most of the execution activities offshore are executed in SIMOPS on live FPSOs (Girassol, Dalia, Pazflor, CLOV on Block 17 and Kaombo Norte and Sul on Block 32) and congested seabed, increases the risks and consequently the challenges of the projects (coactivities with other projects and maintenance activities, minimization of production shortfalls...). PBF is managing EPC contracts with major international Contractors but also local players including onshore prefabrication in Angola, offshore construction and Installation (FPSO modifications, SURF, SPS, SIMOPS, high number of contractors & subcontractors).
- The job holder is also accountable for respecting HSE rules and requirements and for ensuring their application within his scope of responsibility.
- The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating, individually, an exemplary behavior with regards to HSE rules & requirements.
- The job holder shall bring assistance and work closely in good spirit with the SURF package leads and the installation Manager.
- The job holder shall ensure that all Flowline and Structure deliverables meet project schedule and technical requirements
- The job holder is also responsible for validating the equipment qualification status (procedure/programme/report) and shall remain during the construction/ installation/ pre commissioning phases the correspondent for any engineering issues about Flowline and Structure.
- The Job holder is responsible of the overall Flowline and Structure engineering. He shall ensure that all issues are well cover in design engineering. He is actively involved in the review of engineering documentation produced by SURF Package.
- The job holder shall ensure that all SURF Flowline and Structure engineering deliverables are timely issued and fitted for purpose.
- The job holder shall also liaise with Interface leader and ensure that engineering interfaces with other concerned packages are dully dealt with and managed.
- The job holder shall ensure the readiness of all the technical documentation (analyses / procedures and manual). He shall apply and promote a lean approach in particular for document review to reach an acceptable level of quality.
- The job holder shall assist the SURF lead package to prepare reporting, internal or external presentation, specific workshops...
Duration / Location
Starting Date: Q1 2022
Duration : 3 years
Renewable : yes
Location: Project Offices in Paris area with worldwide missions
• Master Degree in Engineering. Professional experience:
• Minimum 15 years in the Oil and Gas industry.
• Similar position within Deep-Water project environment.
• Master in projects.
• Good communication and negotiations with Contractors and Suppliers are required with frequent participation to technical workshops and committees.
Languages: Fluent English. Portuguese and French are a plus
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: