Skills: Electrical Engineering, Reliability Engineer, Construction Engineer
Other Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Company: Offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large-scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, An ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
The Position: The Cable Supply Manager is the technical lead for all matters relating to the design, manufacture, inspection & testing, termination, and commissioning of the Export Cables. The Cable Supply Manager shall coordinate the efforts of the engineering team, quality team, expediting team and commissioning team so as to ensure the Contractor's compliance with the Employer's technical requirements, the Contractor's manufacturing plan and the associated inspection and test plan.
- Development and implementation of the cable design element of the Package Engineering plans and management of any external services or resources that are required to deliver the tasks identified within the engineering plan.
- Development and implementation of the Cable Manufacturing Plan and management of any external services or resources that are required to deliver it.
- Support the development of the Cable System Risk Management Process and management of any internal and external services or resources that are required to deliver the activities that are defined within this plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the cable system is compliant with the project's specification and applicable standards.
- Preparation and upkeep of the input parameters for cable system design
- responsible for management and approval of Contractor's cable system design activities.
- Responsible for preparation of the cable system design elements of the Fabrication and Installation Report (FIR).
- Coordination of all package-specific interface tasks associated with the Cable System, required to ensure compliance with the requirements of the project's Interface Management Plan.
- Support the implementation and management of an effective communication protocol, information sharing, and document review process between the ECPP team, the Contractor, any Related Works Contractors, the MWS, the Independent Verification Society, and the Site Management teams
- Support the management of CVA approval process for ECP System and its T&I.
- Coordination and preparation of the technical documentation that is required for inclusion within ITT and EPCI documentation package(s)
- Preparation of the specification for cable design, supply and manufacture within the Employer's Technical Requirements
- Preparation of the specification for the Testing and Termination within the Employer's Technical Requirements
- Responsible for leading the assessment of the technical compliance of the bids, this shall include cable system specification and manufacturing plan and ITP
- Responsible for ensuring the technical sufficiency of the Export Cable system specification and manufacturing plan and ITP that is contained within the Contractor's Proposal section of the contract
- Preparation of ITEO including coordination with all reviewers involved in the technical assessment
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the efforts of the engineering team, quality team and expediting team to complete the final review and approval of the Manufacturing Plan and the ITP;
- Responsible for daily coordination of the quality inspectors so as to ensure the Contractor's compliance with Employer's specification, manufacturing plan and ITP;
- Responsible for monitoring reporting manufacturing progress against program directly to the package manager and for the daily coordination of the onsite members of the fabrication and expediting team.
- Responsible for witnessing and signing of key manufacturing testing activities;
- Responsible for approving manufacturing record book;
- Responsible for providing support to the quality manager to ensure satisfactory close of NCR's for manufacture
- Management of EPCI Contractor's Manufacturing works including approval of Contractor's deliverables.
- Responsible for the review and approval of the cable jointing and termination procedures and for ensuring the Contractor's compliance with their procedure and the Employer's specification;
- Responsible for the review and approval of the field-testing procedures and for ensuring the Contractor's compliance with their procedure and the Employer's specification;
- Responsible for approving the test on completion report.
- Responsible for coordinating the preparation of the package's consent deliverables.
- Provision of technical assistance to the consenting team to assist them in discharging the project's consent conditions.
- Including but not limited to Lessons Learnt from and to other projects of the business.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Project Engineer / Electrical Manager / Electrical Engineer or similar role.
- Strong technical background for installation of offshore cables
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- In-depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant project standards
- International travel and/or offshore attendance may be required
The Location: This position is based in Boston, MA.
Why Should You Apply? This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to make a major impact on the success of our company. Additionally, we offer generous benefits, and the opportunity to become part of a growing industry in the United States.