Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Laite, Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Crane Operators (C0 licence) to join our team on a rotational schedule based at the Hides Gas Conditioning Plant Site in Hela. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Operator will be required to unload crane accessories from trailers or support vehicles and receive direction from riggers and / or site supervision via verbal or hand signals to determine required load movement.
- Perform routine inspection & maintenance
- Inspect the condition of the site at which the work is to be carried out before start of work
- Adjust the Crane according to the site conditions and making sure that all parts of the Crane are in proper working conditions
- Transporting materials from one place to another
- Take complete charge of all safety pertaining to setup and knockdown and operation of crane
- Properly barricades counterweight tail swing radius
- Be aware of the safe working limits of Crane
- Ensure loads are not too heavy and that the Crane's reach is not over extended
- Work closely with riggers, observing and following their directions to guide loads into position
- Understand and follow lift plans
- Participate in the development of lift plans
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years minimum experience in operating cranes
- Certified to operate Mobile Slewing Crane over 100t (C0)
- Qualified / certified to PNG standards to operate all cranes
- Good eyesight with the ability to judge distances
- To be comfortable working at heights
- To be safety conscious
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to follow verbal instructions
This role is open to PNG Nationals only. Candidates must have full Papua New Guinea working rights to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Crane Operator, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.