Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Water Resources/Environmental Scientist or Engineer to join our team in Columbia, South Carolina to support our Water Resources/Permitting/Compliance Service Line. This opportunity will provide a mix of field work, public education and opportunities to mentor with senior staff members in addition to fine tuning technical writing and analysis skills.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental science, civil engineering, geology or a related field, and 0 to 5 years of experience.
- Support various projects within our Water Resources/Permitting/Compliance Service Line, including stormwater / MS4 support, watershed planning and environmental permitting projects
- Conduct field investigations including stormwater infrastructure inventory / condition assessment, erosion and sediment control inspections and surface water sampling events in various site settings
- Assist senior staff with the preparation of technical reports, including compiling analytical data
- Conduct public education, including environmental education in schools, educational workshops and at local festivals
- Some travel / field work (daytime and overnight) may be required (typically in South Carolina)
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and environmental scientists
- Work outdoors in various weather conditions
Competences / Qualifications
- B.S. in environmental science, civil or environmental engineering, geology or a related field or equivalent; Master's degree is a plus
- 0-5 years of related experience
- Experience in any of the following is a plus: stormwater management, report writing, project planning
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using ArcGIS is preferred
- Strong technical writing and communications skills
- An ideal candidate would be a self-starter, open to learn, adaptable to change, have a strong work ethic and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours and overtime, as needed
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and clients
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to apply analytical / scientific thinking to define and solve problems
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a willingness to follow detailed instructions and learn new skills
- Ability to execute field and office tasks and operate independently at times - specifically in field setting
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license
Presentation de l'entreprise / Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Engagement pour la diversite
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.