Our client is currently searching for a Material Receiver- QA/QC. This is a 1-year contract position, with potential to be extended. Job is located in Tupperville, Ontario.
**Work schedule is a hybrid model: 3 days on site/2 days at home
*Start Date: ASAP Job Title: Material Receiver QA-QC Duties & Responsibilities:
The role description and primary responsibility of the QA-QC / Material Receiver shall include, but is not limited to the following:
MUST HAVE qualifications:
- To receive, inspect, and identify all materials received and returned to the warehouse under the direction of the Warehouse Coordinator and/or Construction Superintendent.
- Verify all materials upon arrival at the warehouse to the stamped BOM for proper grade, size, wall thickness, and overall quality. Verify the material's heat number, PO, and MTR. Mark up and identify all materials with the appropriate project (drawing) number. Identify Material Design Code CSA or ASME
- Be familiar with the Company's Construction Specifications and the C.S.A. Z662 Oil & Gas Pipeline Systems Code as they pertain to materials.
- Be aware of all safety regulations, procedures, and policies, and watch for areas of potential danger and take corrective action as necessary.
- Maintain daily communications with the Material Coordinator and Construction Superintendent, regarding material coordination.
- Immediately notify the Materials Coordinator of any damaged materials received.
- Assist in maintaining a record / document of each materials location within the warehouse.
- Manage materials to be scrapped, re-used, returned to stock, or returned to supplier as directed by the Materials Coordinator based on the final Material Disposition Action.
- Order, ship, and receive all supplies and materials that are not part of a BOM. i.e., Tape Coat, Clock Spring Adhesive, SPC 2888, brushes, rollers, Denso, safety apparel etc. Ensure a first-in, first-out system is maintained with all materials. Adjust the minimum on-hand quantity as necessary to fulfill the upcoming departmental work portfolio.
- Inspect all pipe load deliveries to and from the warehouse.
- Maintain accurate material quantities within the tracking system. Perform monthly inventory audits.
- Forward all material documents received with shipments to the Material Coordinator.
- Attend meetings (Virtual and In-Person) as required by, Contractors, Suppliers, etc.
- Assist the Materials Coordinator with material pickup and delivery scheduling as required.
- Maintain a list of materials on each individual skid or container.
• 3+ years of shipping / receiving experience.
• 3+ years of quality control experience relating to materials.
• Exceptional computer skills in word, excel, and material management software.
• Ability to multitask in a self-directed work environment.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Certifications or higher education is beneficial
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Must be Fully Vaccinated
• Must provide drivers abstract showing a clean driving record
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
• Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
• Must have a basic understanding of general industry work and safety practices
• Ability to use basic hand tools i.e., Power Drill, Pliers, Hammers, etc.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations
• Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing demands
• Ability to manually lift at least 50 pounds
• Forklift experience is beneficial
• Ability to multi-task and think quickly on their feet
• General knowledge of pipeline materials.
• Self-motivated and able to follow instructions independently
• OT is a possibility
• hybrid model (3 days / onsite/ 2 days remote)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.