Skills: Project Controls
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
Wood is one of the top ranked international design and construction firms by ENR magazine and is seeking to fill 2 Senior Project Controls positions in support of our Canadian Operations in Ontario.
This position will support Resilient Environments / Remediation Group projects across multiple business sectors. The successful candidate(s) will provide project planning, scheduling, cost tracking, and project reporting for our Canadian Operations projects, as well as remote support for other projects world-wide. This position will report to the Project Controls Manager, Canadian Operations.
This role will be based in the Eastern Ontario area.
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead and/or support a Project Controls team
- Implement, maintain, and support Project Controls desktop work instructions and procedures
- Coordinate with project schedulers for the development and maintenance of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Monthly review and reporting of required c ost and schedule performance reports
- Assist with planning and execution of the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR)
- Develop, implement, and/or administer cost management and EVM procedures
- Utilize project management and cost management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Lead meetings with key project team members is capturing project updates and developing month end internal and external reporting
- Develop WBS and project coding structures using Primavera P6
- Developing and maintaining cost or resource loaded schedules for engineering, design and construction projects
- Conduct project performance analysis using industry standard earned value techniques
- Support reporting requirements for invoice submittals and monthly status reports
- Maintain project budget and forecast spending plans
- Analysis of project expenditures, commitments, and invoice data
- Utilize Ares Prism software and associated dashboard reporting applications and processes
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Construction Management, or equivalent project experience
- Experience with Ares Prism, Deltek Cobra, or other similar cost management applications is highly preferred
- Proficiency with Primavera P6
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel to project sites as needed to support project requirements
- Canadian Citizenship with ability to obtain Federal Reliability Clearance
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.