Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Budget / Cost Control, Gas Plant Operations
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Billings, Missouri, United States
A leading power engineering consultancy firm that provides engineering, system planning and studies, technical consultation, project management, surveying, environmental planning, commissioning/testing and construction services to electric utilities, energy developers and industrials throughout the U.S. Our experience includes system voltages from 4.16 kV through 765 kV.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Include the conceptual, preliminary and final detailed design of new, upgraded and expanded substations, including material procurement, construction and commissioning/startup support through energization
- Additional responsibilities include the scoping, budgeting, scheduling, planning, executing, monitoring and reporting of substation projects and proposals.
- A Project Manager oversees a project team (or teams) of project and design engineers, designers, drafters and support staff. Project Managers diligently execute quality control procedure, ensuring best-in class project execution and delivery.
- Project Managers interact with and coordinate the company's subject matter expert discipline groups such as Distribution Studies, Transmission Studies, Grounding Studies, Protection (relay coordination and settings), Civil Engineering, Communication (SCADA Integration), Transmission Engineering, Environmental Planning, Surveying, Lands/Right-of-Way, and Project Management/Controls to ensure successful execution of projects
- Project Managers are the primary interface with clients and other project stakeholders
- Project Managers provide technical mentorship and training of project team design staff
- Bachelor of Science or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10-15+ years' project engineering experience, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated project management and leadership experience; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong organization and planning skills
- Commitment to quality and accuracy; and a willingness and ability to meet fast-paced project schedules
- A PE license and PMP certification are preferred
- The successful applicant must have an advanced knowledge of power engineering principals, be expert regarding applicable codes, standards and design tools, and have the ability to direct and oversee multiple technical disciplines in completion of substation projects
- The successful applicant may be subject to client-mandated drug and background checking. Occasional travel/driving is required; therefore, the successful applicant will be subject to the company's auto insurance carrier requirements.
- Applicants must not require immigration sponsorship now or in the future
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Benefits include the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance • 401(k)
- Profit sharing and employee stock ownership plan
- Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continued professional education reimbursement ECI employs over 600 engineers, designers, project managers, surveyors, right-of-way agents, environmental planners, construction professionals and support staff in 20+ engineering offices across the U.S
- 2 discretionary bonuses per year
- Relocation packages will be considered based upon the individual's skills and experience