Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood has an immediate, full time employment opportunity for a Senior Terrestrial/Wildlife Biologist to support and lead a wide variety of Projects across Ontario. The successful candidate will report to the Terrestrial Ecosystem Team Lead and work among a team of Biologists on a broad range of resource development projects across Canada.
- Lead in the design and implementation of terrestrial and wildlife studies/field work and provide technical oversight
- Task management associated with terrestrial ecosystem and wildlife evaluations for various types of multi-disciplinary projects and developments with a focus on infrastructure projects.
- Liaising with internal and external clients and regulators
- Preparation of deliverables and submissions to regulatory agencies
- Assisting with report and proposal preparation
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of relevant post-graduation experience within environmental consulting and/or regulatory agencies (or equivalent experience)
- Master of Science in terrestrial ecology or wildlife biology or a degree or diploma in fisheries/wildlife biology/management
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience providing technical review of consulting reports
- Willingness to work flexible hours including field work under a variety of conditions
- Willingness to travel for project work or meetings
- Experience in working with Provincial and Federal legislation governing Species at Risk, and environmental protection; with emphasis on obtaining permits, interpreting permit requirements, and supporting permit compliance
- Experience with working on large multidisciplinary projects, as discipline lead or other defined role
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in Canada with a valid Canadian driver's license
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.