Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood has a permanent employment opportunity for a Junior-Intermediate Air Quality and Carbon Management Specialist as a key member of Canada's growing carbon management practice.
The successful candidate will join our air quality team based in Ontario, working on a broad range of projects across Canada and internationally.
This role can be based in any Wood office location across Canada with the option to work remotely.
- Apply a thorough understanding of current and emerging policy, regulations, guidelines, and best practices related to decarbonisation projects and initiatives
- Support projects related to greenhouse gas management solutions such as inventory and regulatory reporting support, verification/validation and audit services, and evaluation of mitigation options
- Support GHG and air quality studies prepared in support of federal and provincial Environmental Assessments
- Support air quality assessments, ambient monitoring programs, Ontario ECA applications and EASR registrations.
- Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling Report preparation, GHG emission quantification and reporting, and annual reporting to GHGRP, NPRI, ChemTRAC, CDP.
- Conduct site visits and attend client meetings.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of consulting, industrial and / or relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, atmospheric sciences, or related science field, with preference given to advanced or engineering degrees
- Experience in developing GHG inventories and carbon footprinting
- Understanding of current and emerging climate change policies, global standards, protocols, and programmes, and regulatory frameworks , pertinent to carbon footprinting and decarbonisation
- Candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, excellent verbal and written English communication skills and must be detail oriented;
- Experience with odour assessment would be an asset;
- Reliability, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment are a must
- Ability to effectively work on multiple project tasks while meeting cost, scope, and schedule requirements.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.