Logistics SpecialistAre you passionate about Logistics?Do you like to manage transportation and related logistics of goods and services?Join our Logistics team
As a global team, we design and deliver subsea production systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and surface pressure capabilities are industry leading.Collaborate with the best
As a Logistics Specialist, you will manage transportation and related logistics of goods and services to and from internal and/or external customers/suppliers.
As a Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Defining transport plans, selecting appropriate carriers/forwarders and managing Shipments through to final delivery.
- Develop and lead end-to-end logistics solutions to achieve required on-time pick up & delivery of goods. Manage Logistics Costs to meet budgets and Operational Plans.
- Arrange and manage all logistics activities and related systems information, both internationally and within the UK region.
- Arrange required customs clearances shipping/receiving & packing activities as needed.
- Liaise with PPS approved Logistics Service Providers (LSP) to attain best cost/service options for PPS shipments.
- Liaise with clients and their cargo agents for effective logistics movements.
- Use the PPS business system to generate the shipping documents for shipments
- Perform the record keeping of the logistics documentation as per the policy & procedures.
- Ensure overall logistics compliance of the local organization.
- Provide accurate and timely metrics to the supervisor via the process-required inputs.
- Be a point of contact and reliable source of timely information for P&M UK logistics shipments.
- Support other product line/region for logistics support as & when required
- Detects and signals flaws in approaches, methods, procedures and processes and suggests improvements.
- Handles communication with direct colleagues and the business about data gathering and analysis.
- Contributes to project as a team member.
- Adopting best-practice guidelines, and influencing and implementing continuous improvement for processes
- Collaborating with internal cross-functional teams to share and communicate project information
- Building relationships with internal teams and customers to ensure clear communication and trust
To be successful in this role you will:
Working with us
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience
- Show solid experience in logistics
- Minimum of four years of related work experience.
- Good working knowledge of principal modes of shipment; road, sea and air
- Strong international customs knowledge and experience.
- Possess considerable knowledge of INCOTERMS and international customs requirements.
- The ability to manage multiple project and/or deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an excellent customer service mind-set & approach
- Be a good team player and display good communication and problem solving skills
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.