Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Wood Mining & Minerals business is seeking an HSSE Coordinator at our project site in Northeastern Ontario to work nightshifts on a rotational basis (14 days on, 14 days off). Reporting to the Manager, HSSE on the project, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide HSSE support on a major project. If you thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you!
- Ensuring compliance with legislation, policies, guidance, and best practices across the project
- Assisting in the development and administration of local project HSSE teams to create a positive safety culture
- Building a culture of personal accountability where safe behaviours are reinforced, and at-risk behaviours are challenged
- Ensuring that the levels of security and emergency readiness are established, maintained, and tested across the project
- Providing assistance in ensuring that all project participants are provided with the tools and knowledge to allow them to work within the safe operating envelope of legislation, procedures, and competence
- Acting upon the feedback from the customer satisfaction measurement process
- Coordinating production and distribution of all HSSE statistical information for the projects/office on a monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc basis and undertaking data analysis in order to identify project safety trends
- Coordinating HSSE training sessions, maintaining training records, and communicating reporting expectations with Wood's contractors
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of HSSE experience with heavy construction industry (preferably in mining construction projects)
- Previous work experience on large Greenfield and Brownfield construction projects will be considered an asset
- Recognized certificates or training in Emergency Response, Security Management, Leadership, Occupational Health, Investigation, Risk Management, Behavioral, and Legislation
- Current authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.