Skills: Safety Training Rep
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
DEPARTMENT: General & Administration
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Two (2)
- Motivate to safe working practices and behavior in compliance with the Safety Management System (TMS)
- Reaffirm and improve safety standards and safety culture on-board
- Demonstrate leadership in safety
- Verify and review compliance with Safety Management System (TMS)
- Be visible to all personnel on-board
- 3+ Years previous experience as a Safety Training Officer in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- Previous Leadership Experience
- Safety Training Courses: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency First Aid, Top Set Investigation: Lead Investigator, Recognized Auditor Training, Well Control Level 1, Security Awareness, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Audit ongoing operations considering requirements in the management system
- Monitor compliance with PTW instruction
- Participate in TBRAs
- Participate in TBTs
- Participate in 5-point checks
- Follow up use of DI's and procedures
- Check requirements in Work Packages
- Conduct inspections
- Participate in investigations / analysis
- Participate in audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in pre-shift meetings
- Participate in Permit to Work meetings
- Participate in OBS meetings
- Participate in preparation and conducting of safety meetings
- Participate in the planning of emergency preparedness training and drills according to plans
- Fill the designated role in musters and drills according to the rig specific plans and procedures
Inductions / Training
- Organize safety introductions / welcome meetings for new personnel on-board, special attention and focus on third party personnel
- Coach personnel unfamiliar with the unit / work procedures / legislation / expectations / etc - in cooperation with relevant line manager
- Skills XP verifier (along with verifiers in the other departments)
- Make Flash alerts if needed
- Organize OBS reporting
- Assist in Synergy reporting
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To apply please send click "apply" button.
Position Seadrill - Safety Training Officer Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: