Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Crane Operator
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Twenty (20)
JOB SUMMARY: Participate in operations related to loading and unloading, mobilizing drilling equipment and any odd deck jobs as well as participating in the first-line maintenance of relevant equipment.
- Preferred previous military, industrial, construction or maritime experience
- 1+ years previous experience in a role on a similar installation
- Safety Training Courses: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency First Aid, Rigging Slinging Banksman, Well Control Level 1, Security Awareness, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Participate as instructed in operations related to loading and unloading and other deck jobs
- Participate in mobilizing and maintaining equipment associated with the drilling operation.
- Participate in first line maintenance of relevant equipment
- Relieve on drill floor if qualified
- Do bridge duty when required, provided he has the required certificates and competence for this.
- Operate the mooring winches and anchor windlass.
- Participate in work related to helicopter landing and takeoff, loading/unloading of helicopter and refueling of helicopter at helideck.
- Participate in the daily rig maintenance.
- Participate in work associated with handling supply vessels.
- Keep the work area, tools and maintenance equipment clean and tidy.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Knowledge of and know how to use simple lifting appliances, training module O-2.2 or same, see table B.2. Ref procedure "Safe use of lifting equipment".
- Knowledge of authorities' requirements and procedure "Safe use of lifting equipment".
- Knowledge of how to handle dangerous goods according to IMDG - code.
- Assemble, inspect and sign off of scaffolding under 5M
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To apply please send click "apply" button.
Position Seadrill - Roustabout Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: