Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Driller
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Twenty (20)
JOB SUMMARY: Operate and maintain equipment in the drilling areas.
- 2+ years experience as a Roughneck on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- Previous experience with AKER and MHWirth equipment preferred
- Safety Training Courses: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency First Aid, Well Control Level 2, Security Awareness, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Perform on the job training
- Be in accordance with competence requirements at all times
- Know and understand the first line maintenance system and being able to perform all relevant jobs on own rig
- Operate drilling equipment and perform tasks as requested by superior personnel
- Perform first line maintenance activities and assist on other maintenance work
- Operate any drilling equipment in a proper manner within its capacity limits and at the correct tempo
- Perform and report first line maintenance on assigned equipment
- Contribute to good communication between all involved in the ongoing operation
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization
- Assemble, inspect and sign off of scaffolding under 5M
- Keep the workplace tidy and clean
Seadrill Management System
- Perform all work in accordance with relevant requirements
- Know relevant requirements
- Stop work that is not in compliance with requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To apply please send click "apply" button.
Position Seadrill - Roughneck Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: