Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Four (4)
JOB SUMMARY: Electronic Technician is responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of instrumentation and computer-based control systems.
- Electronic Technology or Engineering Degree
- 1-2+ years' Experience as an Electronic Technician on 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 1-2+ years with previous High Voltage and Low Voltage Experience
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, and diagrams. Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment. Able to operate software application as applicable to position
- Safety Training Courses: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency First Aid, Hazardous Area Equipment, Well Control Level 1, Security Awareness, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Analytical ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Daily operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of the computer, instrumentation, and communication systems of the rig and to secure its operation.
- Ensure the technical system and its associated electrical equipment is in accordance with regulations.
- Keep a maintenance log and prepare reports on the technical systems. Carry out and report maintenance in accordance with the maintenance program and update/report to supervisor any modifications registered.
- Keep the work area, tools, and parts clean and in good repair.
- Order, through the immediate superior, any required spare parts for all planned and non-planned maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that all work on electrical installations is performed in accordance with valid safety regulations, technical regulations, and relevant procedures. Maintain an active approach to el-safety.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his superior.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To apply please send click "apply" button.
Position Seadrill - Electronic Technician II Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: