Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
COMPANY/CLIENT: Puglisevich on behalf of Seadrill
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Suite 1100 Cabot Place, 100 New Gower Street, St. John's, NL A1C 6K3
REPORTS TO: Deck Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Assistant Crane Operator and Roustabouts
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
TYPE OF RIG: DP3 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible, West Hercules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract, Full Time
CONTRACT: Short Term Contract ; Estimate 156 Days
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Four (4)
JOB SUMMARY: The Crane Operator is responsible for supervising, organizing operations related to loading, unloading, and mobilizing drilling equipment and other equipment as well as any odd deck work; he shall in addition participate in the physical work. The person also has a responsibility for the first-line maintenance of cranes and relevant lifting appliances.
- 3+ years previous experience as a Crane Operator in a role with 6th Generation Ultra-Deepwater Semi-Submersible
- 3+ years previous experience with Liebherr BOS 4200-80 and MH Knuckle Boom Cranes
- Safety Training Courses: Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency First Aid, Stage 3 Crane Assessment, Rigging Slinging & Banksman, Well Control Level 1, Security Awareness, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Responsible for all loading and unloading operations of supply vessels, as well as responsibility for all lifting and loading appliances and the daily maintenance of such appliances.
- Documented training in accordance with table 2 in procedure PRO-00-0103 "Safe use of lifting equipment."
- Responsible for training the deck crew including required operations time for the Assistant Crane Operator.
- Knowledge of authorities' requirement and procedure "Safe use of lifting equipment".
- Be familiar with all chemicals being handled onboard.
- Responsible for keeping the pipe deck clean and shall, together with his crew, provide pipe deck assistance when the drilling crew runs casing.
- Responsible for keeping the paint store clean and tidy and that the drill string, when stored, has the required thread protectors at both ends. He is also responsible for inspection and maintenance of straps and shackles and for any ordering of such equipment when required.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is done safely and professionally and actively take part in safety meetings and other meetings.
- Carry out or assist in jobs or projects requested by his immediate superior.
- Responsible for safe crane operations and that crane operation is carried out in accordance with procedure: "safe use of lifting equipment".
- Operate equipment within his area of responsibility to ensure that the time for repairs and maintenance is kept to a minimum by complying with valid maintenance procedures.
- Keep the work area, tools and maintenance equipment clean and tidy.
- Safe job execution and having job skills that include but are not limited to:
- Safe operation of cranes
- Very good knowledge of lifting and hoisting appliances
- Safe use of guidelines
- Operation as per rules and regulations.
- Responsible for making TBRA covering all lifts.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his superior.
- Responsible for updating of electronic loading plan, planning and use.
- Emergency duties according to the unit's emergency organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To apply please send click "apply" button.
Position Seadrill - Crane Operator Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: