Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to join our team in Melbourne on contract basis. This role is responsible for the provision of Civil Engineering services in support of the project scope of work delivery, including layouts, earthworks, roads and pavements, fencing, lighting, prefabricated buildings and their integration, services such as drainage, water supply treatment and storage, sewerage reticulation and treatment and diesel fuel storage and supply.
- Develop designs under supervision for camps in a brownfield context that comply with local laws and regulations, as well as industry and company codes, standards and practices
- Develop deliverables and design solutions in accordance with the project scope of work, design basis, project schedule and Wood procedures
- Prepare material requisitions, liaise with vendors and review vendor submissions
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 7 years' experience as a civil engineer. Prior experience in the O&G industry would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, assess and develop civil designs from field data, including from remote locations, that are relevant to the local construction and physical environment
- Ability to develop scopes of work for third party consultants or site investigation companies to deliver inputs appropriate for the design project
- Familiarity with construction methods and standards of local civil contractors, road and statutory authorities
- An engineering degree from an accredited, recognized State College or University.
- Familiar with discipline relevant US and Australian Industry Design Codes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with other members of the design team and the client
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge to other engineers including remote teams working in different cultures
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Senior Civil / Structural Engineer, ready for your next project with the right qualifications and experience and assessed as ready to step up to the next level then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.