Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Mobile Robotics (OMR) an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering Mobile Robotics has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Mobile Robotics (OMR).
Duties & Responsibilities
The International Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of Oceaneerings mobile robotics (OMR) at our customer sites worldwide. This includes but is not limited to maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting and providing other services required to support our customers with their operational AGV systems. The International Maintenance Engineer is also responsible for ensuring our systems to remain up-to-date and continue to function according to the customers' expectations. The engineer applies his/hers electrical, mechanical and software skills to search throughout the systems technical documentation to determine the root cause of issues, and subsequently develop and implement solutions to the problems at hand.
As the International Maintenance Engineer, you will become the most important representative of our company towards our customers, and you will therefore also represent Oceaneering commercially. You continuously build out an intensive relationship with your customers and try to recognize new business opportunities within your work environments.
The Maintenance engineer might occasionally also be requested to support Oceaneering's Hotline Helpdesk to help our customers via our remote services or can be requested to support production within the assembly department or on other supplier locations.
- Be independently responsible for the maintenance of our AGV systems at clients.
- Repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and provide other services for our AGV systems and, if necessary, assist in installation or assembly work.
- Ensure improvement actions are identified as a result of audits, inspections, defect reports, incident investigations etc. and implemented.
- Come forward with creative, effective and innovative solutions when problems occur.
- Give regular status updates to both the customer and internal resources, and to complete service reports for customer visits.
- Represent our company by maintaining close customer relationships and communicating closely with the customers on site.
- Develop detailed service reports to be used for customer communications, quality improvements and invoicing.
- Be flexible and willing to travel at least 75% of your working hours to fulfill services for our customers. Travel can be required on short notice.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports directly to the Service Coordinator, Oceaneering AGV Systems.
- While on assignment reports to the Customer.
- MBO level 4/HBO in mechatronics or electronics information technology or similar.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in service or maintenance engineering or similar, preferably in maintaining mechatronic systems within production environments.
- Excellent communicational skills. Excellent written and oral communications in Dutch and English are essential. Written and oral communications in German would be greatly advantageous.
- Experience in maintaining and working with software-controlled systems, such as PLC and/or embedded software-controlled systems.
- Service oriented with a very strong ethos towards customer satisfaction.
- Must be in possession of a driver's license (Preferably BE).
- Willing to travel at least 75% of the time
- Customer focused with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Analytically strong and solution focused and solves problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication, share and interpret information effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite.
- Team focused, gives and welcomes feedback and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Proactive, a go-getter who is able to work independently.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.