Waco, Texas, United States
Waco, Texas, United States
Skills: Construction Engineer, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Other Skills: Solar
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Waco, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently looking to fill a Solar Construction Manager position in Waco, Tx!
The Construction Manager will support the development, execution, and management of the project scope to meet stakeholder needs and requirements. The manager will play a key role in the planning and execution throughout all phases of the project and duties will include providing leadership and direction to the project team, inspection staff and general contractors.
The Construction Manager will work collaboratively with the project team to assure the project is compliant in all areas of; Project Scope, Company specifications and standards, company safety standards, regulatory codes & requirements and all activities related to construction.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and be able to apply industry knowledge to the review of all project related regulatory and environmental Permits. Some experience as a construction manager of a solar project necessary.
- Ensure written Safe Work Procedures and Safety Policies are followed and abided to.
- Report incidents, near misses, environmental, community issues, protesting and hazards immediately and follow up as appropriate.
- Ensuring a strong focus on prevention of safety incidents with regular safety audits.
- Promoting and reinforcing consistency of the construction related aspects in the project lifecycle.
- Providing construction support, knowledge and input in the development & execution phase of the project including, constructibility review, scheduling, cost, work extra authorizations and contractor claims.
- Contributing to the development of and ensuring the implementation of standardized construction forms.
- Identify OQ Tasks and ensure project is in compliance.
- Proactively review project documentation to identify and address potential Contractor non-conformances to specifications.
- Contributing to the review, revision and implementation of the Construction Specifications.
- Construction and Technical Record documentation, turnover, retention and auditing
- Actively participate in lessons learned.
- Facilitating and coordinating pre-construction meetings, site kick-off meetings and coordinating site planning.
- Validating construction contract change orders
- Coordinating closure of construction deficiencies, verifying completeness, and ensuring effective turnover of project construction records.
- Monitoring and controlling project construction schedule, including contractor progress updates, reviewing the construction schedule (comparing baselines to look-ahead), coordinate development of recovery plans, (as needed) and adjusting forecasts.
- Ensuring development and updating of the project specific construction execution plan to ensure the efficient use of internal and external resources.
- Monitoring and controlling the project construction costs by reviewing spending, obtaining clarification on deviances, validating invoices, approving mobilization of equipment & manpower and recommending adjustments as required,
- Coordinating the effective utilization of the necessary inspection staff from a pool of trained & competent inspection resources. The inspection staff will be based on scope of work, required skills, and availability.
- Providing supervision and leadership to the site inspection team
- Executing Inspection Services and the Facility Construction utilizing the Preferred Agreements.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of construction and inspection resources.
- Internal: Frequent contact with internal support groups (Safety, Engineering, Operations, Project Controls, SCM, Environment, and Land departments).
- Shifting priorities to meet changing directions.
- Position frequently requires quick decision making under intense conditions.
- Conduct site visits to monitor progress, compliance, safety and quality requirements of the project.
- 5 years Construction Management experience with some experience on Solar Projects
- Strong communication, highly organized, analytical, information management and teamwork skills, proven interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups and individual personalities.
- Ability to work independently with little day to day direction
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Company SharePoint programs associated with project.
Start date and duration:
- Starting mid to late next month and last for 14-18 months