Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner / Scheduler. Reporting to the Manager of Project Controls and working with the Lead Office Planner, this Engineering Planner position is based in the Oakville Office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. This position is fixed term, with an approximate duration of 1 year.
- Maintain thorough understanding of company policies, procedures, and methodologies relevant to Planning / Scheduling discipline
- Develop a robust engineering schedule thorough understanding of the contract, scope of work, estimate and procurement / contracting plan for the assigned project.
- Facilitate early planning sessions with project teams and clients
- Assist project planning and development of multi-level, resource loaded CPM schedule for all phases of the assigned project
- Maintain and update the CPM schedule as required by project plan
- Extract resources and quantities from the estimate and load into the schedule
- Implement and maintain Earned Value / Progress Tracking system
- Interact with clients, external consultants, construction and project management and team leads regarding planning and scheduling activities
- Review work of other planners/schedulers and perform schedule integrity checks
- Contribute to on-going improvements and developments in work methodology and software for scheduling and work progress measurement
- Prepare and conduct presentations of schedule methodologies and principles to other departments
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized institution and / or PMI or AACE certification or at 10 years' of relevant experience
- More than 10 years of experience in performing senior level planning and scheduling experience in an EPCM environment together with related construction field experience, preferably in mining
- Strong oral and written communication as well as inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera P6
- Hands on knowledge of schedule risk analysis software such as Primavera Risk analysis would be an asset
- Additional experience in project reporting, cost control, procurement, contract administration, and construction management support would be considered an asset
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.