In addition to the role of a General Accountant, the Cost Accountant focuses on specific accounting unique to the manufacturing process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Reviews balance sheet account, reconciliates and prepares associated balance sheet notes.
- Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Controls and prepares general ledger entries including prepaids, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Controls inventory including evaluation of product cost, bill or material accuracy, period physical inventory, etc.
- Establishes standard overhead rates.
- Establishes standards of control over material and finished goods movements.
- Coordinates with Purchasing, Materials and Operations Management on issues of product cost.
- Supports implementation of manufacturing accounting and control systems.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on Accounting/Finance, or 5+ years experience in cost accounting.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.