Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Houston, Texas. You will provide administrative support to several departments and managers.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Meeting planning and scheduling, scheduling conference rooms, caterings, etc.
- Pull and prepare information from HR databases
- HR, administrative, logistics and/or recruiting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential
- Ability to work in a high volume, team-oriented environment
- Maintain proficiency in Microsoft Office to provide administrative support (typing, photocopying, printing, filing, purchasing supplies, etc.) for the department as needed and directed.
- SharePoint and Website maintenance; including document preparation and updating
- Coordinate moves including arranging for office locations, phones, computers, and cell phones
- Calendaring, travel planning, preparing expense reports, invoice processing, presentation preparation and/or updating.
- Maintain a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and reliability
- Data entry for Learning Management System
- Generate reports and metrics for supervisors, leadership, and training team
- Schedule classroom training including instructors, classroom, and catering
- Ensure classroom instructors have all necessary materials for a successful class
- Plan, coordinate and make arrangements for on-site and off-site conferences, meetings, and special events.
Skills / Qualifications
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative assistant role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Work Schedule: 9/80
- Experience in general learning administration and support
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, human resources or a combination of the above Experience using an applicant tracking system
- SharePoint and Website maintenance skills and experience
- Familiarity with current HR data systems
- Highly responsive, results oriented, self-starter
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and remain flexible.
- Actively seeks out diverse people and organizations to collectively achieve business goals
- Manages tasks to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities of self and others
- Efficient organization, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Positive and constructive "can-do" attitude and firm commitment to all company values (Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation, Teamwork)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.