Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Rotating Equipment, Maintenance Technician, Noise & Vibration Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Torrance, California, United States
Our client, a large Oilfield Services Company, is currently seeking a Services Specialists for a 1-year contract at their refinery in Torrance, CA.
Position Description: Perform portable walkaround data collection and data analysis services on the refinery site. The work schedule will be Mon-Thurs 10 hour days.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum Level 2 ISO Certification in Vibration or equivalent from a recognized training organization at time of hire.
• 1-3 years of experience performing portable data collection and analysis in the recent 3-5 years.
• Have a valid, or ability to obtain a TWIC card.
• Ability to pass a background screening and drug test.
• Ability to work at heights
• Ability to transverse around and over industrial piping and equipment.
• Experience with Portable Vibration Analyzers & Software
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language
• Have or ability to obtain OSCA Training
- Principles of Petroleum Refining (4hrs)
- Safety as it Pertains to Crafts (8hrs)
- Refinery Safety Overview (8hrs)
- Torrance Refinery Instructor-led (8hrs)
- LACC Drug and Alcohol Testing
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Perform machinery walk-around inspection and portable data collection on assigned machinery.
• Understanding of Equipment Vibration Measurements and Readings (amplitude, duration, phase angle, etc.)
• Understand Portable Vibration Analyzers & Software, its use and function.
• Understanding of Rotating Machinery Operation & Diagnostics
• Understanding of Equipment Maintenance & Reliability
• Ability to understand equipment condition trending.
• Exceptional Understanding of Computer Based Workflows and MS Office
• Must pass Security background check
• Employment Location - Torrance, California
• Two-Year Technical or 4-year College Degree
• Level 3 ISO Certification in Vibration or equivalent from a recognized training organization
• Certificated in Maintenance & Reliability
• Exceptionally strong customer service mindset.
• Strong Analytical and Troubleshooting Skills
• Very strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and team skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; ability to work independently, prioritize & organize, to demonstrate flexible behavior and to meet deadlines.
• Maintenance & Reliability Background in Power Generation, Oil and Gas production, refining or petrochemical plants
• Knowledge of Bently Nevada Asset Condition Management (ACM) products, such as System 1™, 3500 Monitoring System, Transducers, etc.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.