Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
W ood's Resilient Environment Business Group is seeking an Associate Water Resources Engineer / Scientist to help lead our storm water and surface water consulting team in Los Angeles, CA. Bachelors or Masters Degree in natural or physical sciences or related engineering field is required, with a minimum of 10+ years experience field sampling for water quality / environmental analytes.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our environmental consulting business and possess knowledge and technical skills in storm water management, TMDLs, indicator bacteria, water quality resources, environmental permitting, and municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance. We are looking for a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to mentor staff, promote excellence, and take part our varied field activities. We are also hard working team who also finds time to enjoy the best of our local area - don't be surprised if we ask you to join us on a hike for lunch, or to bring your board to hit the beach after work!
- Has managed surface water collection montioring programs
- Expertise in California in Stormwater Regulatory Environment
- Oversight, QA/QC, and mentoring of junior staff
- Coordinate and lead multi-discipline teams
- Lead project teams, ensuring that project deliverables are met, and ensuring schedule and budget expectations are adhered to
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate staffing levels needed for projects
- Assist with client and project development - track opportunities, identify client needs, assist with proposals and marketing materials where needed
- Participate with leadership in developing strategic plan for Souther California
- Maintain relationships with key client project managers
- Support proposal preparation work and technical work scope development
- Market and develop new work to support the continued growth of the practice area
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work
- Travel to project(s) as needed for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Water Resources Engineering or Science required, advanced degree(s) preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Proven track record marketing and developing new work
- Expertise knowledge of local (southern California) water resource market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with, mentor and direct engineers, scientists and technicians
- Exhibit ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated experience selling, managing, performing and consulting on projects and programs including a wide range of project sizes
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.