Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is seeking to add a Mechanical Engineer to support our project teams in Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray. Selected applicant will be posted in the Wood Calgary office.
- In-depth knowledge in either one or more of the following areas:
- Mechanical equipment in SAGD Wellpad project applications is essential
- Rotating Equipment (ANSI and API Pumps)
- Stationary Equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, etc.)
- Piping Materials (Pipe, Fittings and Valves)
- Generating new Mechanical/Piping specifications, expand / update current specifications, preparing deviation on specifications.
- Generating technical decision records and project decision records as related to Mechanical engineering.
- Create, specify, and maintain data sheets for Mechanical Equipment such that the items can be purchased.
- Compilation of RFQs c/w specifications, scopes, and data sheets.
- Review quotations from suppliers and perform a technical bid evaluation of the equipment offered.
- Make a technical assessments and recommendations when required.
- Post purchase order placement package management, including review and approval of supplier documentation/drawings for the equipment and piping materials.
- Experienced in reviewing LDTs
- Experienced in preparing EWPs and CWPs
- An awareness and understanding of non-destructive testing examination methods/requirements.
- Visit the supplier's premises to attend kick-off / alignment meetings, the testing of equipment and clarification meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of technical work practices to ensure consistent working methods
Liaise with the engineering disciplines: Piping, Process, I&C, Electrical, CSA, Procurement and Material Control.
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer or be eligible to register as a P.Eng. with APEGA
- Minimum 5 years' experience in EPCM multi-national companies with a minimum 3 years' experience specifically in Canadian SAGD Wellpad Facilities
- Canadian experience in conceptual, front-end, and detailed engineering on various mid to large capital projects in oil & gas, Oilsands including Refinery, Upgrader, and Petro-Chemicals
- Knowledge of industry codes: ASME, API and Canadian Codes
- Knowledge and proven application in all aspects of Materials will be considered an asset
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, or similar, software would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at the time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.