Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Wood is recruiting an Architect to further c ontribute to technical delivery of engineering excellence through executing assigned scopes of work and providing discipline expertise to the business.
Executes Assigned Scopes of Work:
- Establishes detailed designs and performance specifications to fulfill the requirements of assigned general specifications for components, systems, processes, etc.
- Plans and carries out successive steps and handles problems with general guidance from instructions, policies and precedents
- Responsible for meeting discipline cost and schedule requirements in production of deliverables, coordinates own work schedule, and prepares progress reports.
- Recommends changes in plans and estimated cost when necessary.
- Develops a range of engineering deliverables, including specifications, calculations, reports, technical requisitions and others
- Interprets specifications and investigates difficulties
- Reviews vendor documents
- Active participation in design reviews
Providing discipline expertise:
- Conducts problem solving in the area of expertise: problems involve new concepts and new and varied problems to be solved that demand technical expertise, investigation and interpretation
- Develops alternative solutions, identifies risks and benefits
- Develops solutions to non-recurring problems by appraising, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data.
- Exercises professional judgement in selecting and interpreting information and modifying standard methods and procedures
- In consultancy business areas, may deliver small-scale projects with responsibility for cost, schedule, resource allocation and risk, while working within an established program management plan.
- Provide technical input and support to proposals as required
Skills / Qualifications
- ISCED Level 6 Bachelors (minimum) or Level 7 Masters (preferred) Degree in engineering discipline, alternatively, tertiary level education combined with suitable industry experience can be used to demonstrate equivalence Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Typically requires more than four years of progressively more responsible pertinent experience.
- Beginning to focus in an area of specialization.
- Proficient user of relevant software and calculation templates
- Ability to comprehend and interpret technical information applicable to their discipline of engineering • Demonstrates the application of theory in a practical context.
- Working level of competence in the application of standards, processes and procedures and how they are used in work execution
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Working level of competence in own discipline in the execution of assigned tasks.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.