Katy, Texas, United States
Katy, Texas, United States
Skills: Production Engineering, Production Technologist
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
Production Lead is a position accountable for Leads a small team (5-10 people) and is responsible for shop floor operations during their assigned 12-hour shift. Performs technical and supervisory tasks as required to direct a small team. Works with the production manager and team members to identify and organize the best approach to execute the tasks required. Has no direct financial authority Reports to production manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, design and assign work for assigned employees on one major and one or more minor projects simultaneously.
- Assign and monitor daily work schedules.
- Execute schedules and manage demands.
- Enable and monitor the completion of required documentation, monitor attendance, etc., as directed.
- Identify and provide equipment and supplies, etc. needed so that the work progresses in an efficient, safe, and orderly manner.
- Perform or schedule, and monitor routine preventive maintenance, as applicable, to assure equipment is serviced regularly and downtime is minimized.
- Maintains the necessary level of expertise for self and team through training and development as appropriate for the execution of the assigned tasks.
- With the product line manager, sets annual objectives and performs regular appraisals of performance for the assigned team.
- Identify improvement opportunities; implement LEAN principles in their areas.
- Monitors and guides good working practices related to QHSE, technical and professional relationships with others and performance of the assigned team.
- Cross-trained in all departments to support production needs.
- Degree (AS, BS, BSME) in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, Computing, Mathematics or other relevant technical discipline.
- Candidates who possess experience commensurate with a technical degree may also be considered (6+ years in a manufacturing role while demonstrating supervisory, mentoring and leadership skills).
- Typical candidate must have a minimum of 3 years industrial experience in a technical role (engineering, manufacturing, sustaining, quality or supply chain).
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate good organizational abilities, technical competency in their previous job roles and good interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should have knowledge of manufacturing processes and an understanding of ERP software systems. SAP or MfgPro, GEMS, InTouch and Quest.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.